#We’re looking for an experienced programmer to join our studio as Senior Programmer.
We are looking for our next Senior Programmer to drive the technical development of our games from inception to delivery. This role is responsible for developing extraordinary games and promoting great collaboration between disciplines, ensuring overall engineering quality as part of a highly creative and skilled team.
#What you'll be doing:
- Within a programming team of between 3-4 other programmers, you will work together to realise a creative vision throughout the development cycle.
- You will be able to architect, implement and maintain large gameplay systems with a high degree of autonomy and trust.
- Be a creative voice throughout development, have the chance to not only concentrate on the implementation, but to care about what you are crafting and combine your intuition of gameplay to achieve creative and design goals.
- Build a codebase that can be iterated during development and is performant and maintainable after release.
- Help ensure that the work is correctly scoped, risk profiled and share technical understanding across disciplines.
- Be a bastion for code quality and ensure good working practices are developed and maintained.
- Use your wealth of development experience to share knowledge and help guide other developers across the entire studio.
- Work closely with all other disciplines (Design, Art, Audio) to help everyone realise their creative and project goals.
- 5+ years game development experience.
- You have experienced at least one full production cycle.
- Solid understanding and extensive experience of writing games in Unity/C#.
- Strong design and creative intuition, understand how to take a feature from an idea to inspirational gameplay.
- You can demonstrate broad knowledge of games engineering techniques, and can balance dogmatism against practicalities.
- Strong experience working on 3D games and good 3D maths skills.
- Understanding writing code that is performant, with the right balance of when to pre-optimise, how to analyse, and common performance improvements.
- You stay abreast of the games industry, and can identify trends and zeitgeist moments across platforms.