#We have an exciting new position for a seasoned QA tester to oversee our internal QA practice and help to establish our QA team and processes.
As an experienced tester and player, you will help us make the best games possible; finding issues and reporting them in our bug database along with managing a team of external QA testers that we partner with during production.
This role is for you if:
- You are a passionate individual who cares about elevating the medium of games.
- You have an unrivalled eye for quality.
- You love to work as part of an inclusive team, where you feel valued and appreciated for the work you do.
- You are an experienced QA tester, happy being hands on and comfortable establishing best working practices for a range of projects.
This is what you’ll be doing
- Working as a part of our core development team together with our game designers, programmers, and artists.
- Writing and following test scripts to ensure every part of our games is tested in a structured way.
- Using your creativity to come up with new, imaginative ways to break our games.
- Investigating bug reports received from our players and communicating them to the rest of the team to help get them fixed.
- Sitting with the development team, checking that everyone maintains a high quality of work.
- Establishing and evolving our QA practices, balancing multiple projects effectively.
- Managing external QA teams and delegating where necessary.
- Setting up our QA discipline for success, potentially bringing on additional QA staff where needed and therefore involved in hiring, mentoring and line management.
- 3-4 years experience in a QA role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fantastic attention to detail
- Ability to create thorough reports, understanding and analysing data.
- Can-do attitude with an eagerness to learn new things.
- Flexible working hours
- Company holiday
- Food & drink
- Quarterly socials + Christmas party
- Pension + private medical insurance
- Wellness initiatives - yoga + massage
- Childcare schemes + enhanced parental leave
- Mobile phone vouchers
- Training budget
- Flexible benefits
We ask that all applicants include a short cover letter. We'd love to know what you've been up to recently and why you'd like to join the ustwo games team. Please draw our attention to any skills or experience you think will suit the role along with any related side interests or goals.
ustwo games is an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.