#We’re looking for a talented Lead Programmer to join ustwo games and help us to create innovative new gaming titles with stand-out production values, heart and broad appeal.
ustwo Games is a 25-person studio in London, best known as the creators of Monument Valley and Land’s End. We are a multi-discipline team drawing from a diverse range of experience and creative influences; our aim is to craft interactive entertainment with stand-out production values, heart and broad appeal.
We are looking for our next Lead Programmer to help guide the technical development of our games from inception to delivery. This role is responsible for making extraordinary products by promoting great collaboration between disciplines and ensuring overall engineering quality.
What you'll be doing:
- As part of project leadership, you will be collectively responsible for quality of the product and efficiency of the team (up to 10 people).
- Leading the programming team on your project (up to 4 programmers), to help plan and guide programming work
Collaborating with other leads on the project to help you make design decisions that take into account technical cost and risk.
- Line-managing other programmers, mentoring and supporting personal development within the team.
Ensuring code quality and good working practices are developed and maintained
- Owning technical decision-making, building a codebase that can be iterated during development and is performant and maintainable after release.
- Leading by example: write code, do code reviews, collaborate with designers and artists.
- Guiding engineering work from the very beginning of the project, from initial prototype to post-release support.
- Change approach to suit different stages of the project.