#We’re looking for a talented Lead Game Designer to join ustwo games and help us to create innovative new gaming titles with stand-out production values, heart and broad appeal.
ustwo Games is a 25-person studio in London best known as the creators of Monument Valley and Land’s End. We are a multi-discipline team drawing from a diverse range of experience and creative influences; our aim is to craft interactive entertainment with stand-out production values, heart and broad appeal.
We are looking for an experienced, player-focused designer to join a new IP and help lead the design team through to release. This role is responsible for making extraordinary products by innovative, player-centred design work and promoting great design collaboration between disciplines.
What you'll be doing:
- Being responsible for the game design of a project, making sure all elements come together to create a fantastic player experience.
- Leading the design team on a project (up to 3 designers), helping plan and guide their work.
- As part of project leadership, you will be collectively responsible for quality of the product and smooth running of the team (up to 10 people).
- Collaborating with other leads on the project to help you make design decisions that take into account creative vision, technical cost and risk.
- Line-managing other designers, mentoring and supporting personal development within the team.
- Leading by example: working in-engine to iterate systems and create content, collaborating with programmers and artists.
- Guiding design work from the very beginning of a project, from initial prototype to release, while changing approach to suit different stages of the project.